- May 5 Home & School newsletter
- April 28 Penn Wood newsletter
- April 21 Home & School newsletter
- April 7 Penn Wood newsletter
- March 31 Home & School newsletter
- March 24 Penn Wood newsletter
- March 17 Home & School newsletter
- March 10 Penn Wood newsletter
Mark your calendars and join us for some fun events throughout the 2021-22 school year!
- 13th - 4th Grade Pennsylvania Day
- 15th - Deadline to purchase a signed Katrina Moore book (details below)
- 17th - No School, Teacher In-Service
- 17th - 19th - Dine & Donate @ The Salty Cow, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- 18th - 4th & 5th Grade Track Meet (rain date: 20th)
- 18th - Spring Concert, 7 p.m.
- 23rd - Art Show & Kona Ice Truck, 6-8 p.m. at school (volunteer here)
- 25th - Katrina Moore Author Visit/Assembly
- 25th - Yearbook Order Deadline (order here)
- 26th - 5th Grade Trip to Philadelphia
- 27th - Field Day (rain date June 1) (volunteer here)
- 30th - No School, Memorial Day
- 31st - Marathon Madness Celebration (volunteer here)
- 2nd - Science Day
- 3rd - 5th Grade Arrowhead Picnic
- 3rd - Movie Night, 7 p.m.
- 6th - 5th Grade Kickball Game
- 7th - Yearbook Delivery at school
- 7th - Dine & Donate @ sweetFrog, 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- 8th - Half Day, 5th Grade Send Off Event, time TBD but around 9:30 a.m.
- 9th - Half Day, End of Year Parties (K, 1st, 2nd, 4th- schedule below), 5th Grade Party, 4-7 p.m.
- 10th - Half Day, Last Day of School, End of Year Parties (3rd Grade @ 9:30 a.m.)
- Marathon Madness* (every Tuesday during recess) - cheer the kids on as they earn miles towards their team goal
- Outdoor Lunch* (in the courtyard as weather allows) - help monitor the students during outdoor lunch
- Art Show (May 23) - assist with check out, distribute Kona Ice, and help with the parking spot raffle.
- Library Inventory* (now through June 7) - help take inventory by scanning all of the books on the shelves which helps our students navigate the library
- Field Day* (May 27 with rain date of June 1) - We need two volunteers per classroom to help run the outdoor events.
- Science Day* (June 2) - One more 3rd Grade volunteer/presenter is needed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested! Materials are also needed: please send empty paper towel & toilet paper rolls to school with attention to Mrs. Davis.
dine & donate @ The salty cow
katrina moore author visit
As part of Penn Wood’s celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, author and educator Katrina Moore is coming to Penn Wood! Author of Grandpa Grumps and the Teeny Houdini series, Katrina will be conducting writers’ workshops with Penn Wood students throughout the day on May 25th. This event is generously sponsored by the Penn Wood HSA.
If you would like your own signed copy of one of Katrina’s many titles, please follow the link below to purchase online for personalization. Deadline for purchase is May 15, and signed books will be delivered at school on the day of Katrina’s visit. Use code PENNWOOD for 20% off.
Please contact Gina Hart at email@example.com with any questions.
The 2021-2022 Yearbook is officially on-sale! Each book costs $13.50 and will be delivered to your student(s) in June. Please preorder your yearbook(s) by May 25th since they will not be for sale at the time of delivery in June.
We do recommend ordering a book for each student as often the kids like to sign their friends' yearbooks during the last week of school.
To access the Yearbook Order form:
- Go to the "My Account" section of this website or click here.
- Log in
- Scroll Down to "New Forms"
- Click on your available "2022 Yearbook Order Form(s)"
- NOTE: 5th Graders do not need to order yearbooks or submit any forms. Each 5th grader will automatically receive one as part of 5th grade fee. Only submit this form if you'd like to order any extra books.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Marathon Madness has RETURNED! Volunteers with clearances can sign up to volunteer here!
Marathon Madness will be held every Tuesday, weather permitting, so please remind your children to wear sneakers on Tuesdays. This year the students will be working together as a Penn Wood team to run, jog or walk 7 laps around the playground or 5 laps around the field. Can we accrue enough miles to get to Disneyland in California? We will celebrate our success on May 31 at recess!
For those students who did not sign up for pretzels or only signed up for the 1st half of the year- here is your chance to sign up for Pretzel Fridays for the second half of the year.
Pretzels from the Philly Pretzel Factory in West Chester will be delivered to your child's class each full day Friday (no orders for half days or holidays and no make-up/refunds for snow days). The pretzels are honey wheat that meet smart snack guidelines. All proceeds benefit the 5th Grade Committee.
Philly pretzel factory DINE & DONATE
Mention "Penn Wood" when visiting the Philly Pretzel Factory at 1075 West Chester Pike on any Monday through Thursday and the store will donate $.05 for every dollar spent. This is an ongoing event and will last between now through the end of the school year in June.
Classroom Parties are a favorite tradition and one party still remains for the school year... the End of Year party! Dates and times for the parties will vary by grade (see schedule below). Three volunteers will attend each class party and are expected to plan the snacks & activities.
We recognize there may not be a spot for everyone who wants to volunteer. Please only sign up once for each child and once per day (parties may be the same time for different grades). Only the volunteers may attend the party (please no siblings).
The SignUpGenius is now OPEN. Here's the link:
End of Year Parties:
Kindergarten: Thursday, June 9th, 9:30 a.m.
1st Grade: Thursday, June 9th, 9:30 a.m.
2nd Grade: Thursday, June 9th, 10:30 a.m.
3rd Grade: Friday, June 10th, 9:30 a.m.
4th Grade: Thursday, June 9th, 10:30 a.m.
5th Grade: Thursday, June 9th, 4-7 p.m. (organized separately by the 5th Grade Committee)
If you have any questions, please contact Danielle Chamness at email@example.com.
Our Home & School Association helps Penn Wood thrive with volunteers like you, so THANK YOU!
There are many different ways to get involved based on your individual interests and availability. You can:
1. See current Volunteer Opportunities under the My Account section of this website.
2. Read more about all of Home & School's Committees under the "Our Team & Activities"
3. Complete the Volunteer Interest form to tell us more about yourself if you'd like.
4. Work towards getting your volunteer clearances on file and up-to-date with the main office. These clearances will be needed for certain volunteer positions when in the presence of students. For more information, visit https://www.wcasd.net/domain/
penn wood caresPenn Wood Home & School is thankful for the generous community support we've received over the years from these local and Penn Wood family-owned/operated businesses. Please consider supporting these local restaurants and businesses in the future. If your business would like to be added to the list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. #pennwoodcares
- Holiday Shop Vendors
- Bonefish Grill - 4889 WC Pike, Newtown Square
- Chipotle - 1751 Wilmington Pike Ste C-3 Glen Mills
- Dia Doce - 100 South High Street WC
- Duck Donuts - Dilworthtown Crossing,1353 Wilmington Pike, WC
Duffer's - 192 Rt 352 Glen Mills
- Five Below - 4847 WC Pike, Newtown Square
- Freddy's - 1302 Wilmington Pike WC
- Learning Express - 128 Eagleview Blvd Exton
- Lia's Catering - 1405 Meetinghouse Rd, Boothwyn, PA 19061
- Limoncello - 9 N. Walnut St, WC & 499 E. Uwchlan Ave, Chester Springs
- Mae's West Chester - 39 W. Gay Street WC
MOD Pizza - 1751 Wilmington Pike, Suite F-1 Glen Mills
- MonkeyFish Toys - 662 Downingtown Pike WC
- Nothing Bundt Cakes - 143 W Lincoln Hwy Exton
- Olive Tree Greek Grill - 231 W. Lancaster Ave, Paoli
- Philly Pretzel Factory - 1075 West Chester Pike WC
- Piatto Pizza - 1105 West Chester Pike WC
Pica's West Chester - 1233 West Chester Pike WC
PJ Whelihan’s West Chester - 1347 Wilmington Pike WC
- The Salty Cow - 840 E. Street Rd, WC
- Scoops 'N Smiles - 6 E. Gay Street, WC
Wedgewood Gardens - 1890 Middletown Rd Glen Mills
Home & SCHOOL Meeting
General Meetings are normally the second or third Thursday of the month from 6-8pm at school and will resume in the fall.
All are welcome!
Email email@example.com with any questions.
Welcome to all the new and returning Penn Wood families! We look forward to connecting with you this year. Please take some time to review the items below to best connect and support Home & School.
- Download the Remind app and join class @pwehsa to get reminders (or Text @pwehsa to 81010).
- Our private Penn Wood HSA Facebook Group is a great place to connect with others and ask questions.
- Don't forget to scan your receipts into the BoxTops app and earn money for Home & School.
- Join/select Home & School to receive a percentage of your purchases via AmazonSmile.